Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Trash to Treasure

I went op shop (or as many of you might call it, thrift/charity shop) hopping today. I used to visit these shops regularly but haven't done so in a while. I am so glad I thought of doing it today. Now I know what I've been missing all this time. Here are my good finds...

A double bed-sized flat sheet with large, bright yellow and orange flowers, in like-new condition. Very sturdy material. Don't know if it's vintage though. I am thinking of using this to line new bags or might just sew up some fold and zip shopping bags.

A gorgeous and delicate (but heavy) mint green trinket box. Perfect case for my family's rosaries...

Two Japanese-made small platters, with no chips or cracks...

And lastly, the finds of the day! Two crochet Granny squares in excellent condition.

One huge square with approximately 1.3 m sides...the colours are even more vibrant in person!

And this one, 6x6 squares joined together to form 1 meter sides. Not the best of patterns but, who cares? It'll keep me warm just the same!

As of this writing, these have already been washed and they're already dry and ready to snuggle into!

I had a good day thrift shopping, didn't I? Truly, one man's trash is another man's treasure!


PS. Kerry, I am still waiting for you to contact me. You won my
wristlet giveaway. Time to claim your prize!

3 comments:

  1. wow Corrine what wonderful finds-I just love op shopping there is always something different to find,cheers Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - I *love* that flowered sheet! What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds - I really love the flowered sheet - can't wait to see what you do with that.

    ReplyDelete