Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Notebook (and blanket stitch) fun!

Lately, I have been smitten by notebooks. On my recent trip overseas, I purchased a few...one fabric covered (from the Changi airport in Singapore) and a couple made with recycled paper (from one of my favourite Philippine shops, Papemelroti - You can view some of the said shop's wonderful paper products here.).

As if I didn't have more than enough notebooks, I went on and made fabric covers for two more plain journals.



I used this book cover tutorial and had so much fun with the blanket stitch. I really love that handmade look!

And speaking of handmade, you may have noticed that my Etsy shop, Simple Things, is now up and running. I promised myself that this would be THE year I am getting my craft out there. Most of the items listed now you may have already seen as I have blogged about them before, but I do have a number of new things coming soon.

Another commitment I have also made to myself is that all sales from my shop will go towards helping fund my next visit to my mum. I gave her my word that I will be bringing my whole family to see her this year. She really longs to be with her grandchildren. I know this will not be an easy task as there are six of us...
but this is one promise I will keep, come what may.

Can I count on your support?

6 comments:

  1. Discovered your blog when searching for a quilted patchwork bag tutorial and I love what I see overhere!!
    I will be back!
    Good luck with the Etsy Shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow beautiful covers! Will you be selling these?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bas are adorable & the journals too. I need to make a quilt journal for my Secret Sister so I think I will use that tutorial, thanks for sharing!
    Blessings
    Ros-the-quilter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Sew* neat! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Corinne! I am so thrilled that you got an Etsy shop up and running. I just have to get over there to check it out now. I hope it totally takes off and brings you what you need so you can take the gang to visit your mom.

    AND those notebooks, beautiful. You did such a great job. Personally I am addicted to notebooks and am a firm, FIRM believer that you can never have too many. Of course if you ever have too many it would make a great giveaway! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very useful and good looking craft.

    ReplyDelete