Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Chargrilled Capsicums Take Two

I was rather busy today, desperately trying to finish the sports bag I promised my son that I nearly forgot about dinner. I did thaw a whole chicken and had some potatoes but I had no idea what to do with them. Then I remembered the bottle of chargrilled capsicums...and it was time to concoct a meal fast.


Chicken with Potatoes and Chargrilled Capsicums

Ingredients:
1/4 cup cooking oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, sliced
1 medium whole chicken (about 1.2 kilos), cut into serving pieces
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup tomato sauce
2 large potatoes, cut into wedges
1/2 cup chargrilled capsicums

Procedure:
Heat oil in a large saucepan. Saute garlic and onion. Add chicken pieces and cook until slightly brown. Season with soy sauce and pepper. Cover and let simmer. Chicken should cook in its own juice. If it seems dry, add about 1/4 cup of water. When chicken is tender, mix in tomato sauce. Add capsicums and potatoes. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are soft but not mushy. Adjust seasonings, if necessary.

Serve with steamed rice and soup.

************

I will hopefully finish the bag tomorrow...will show it off here then.


1 comment:

  1. This was absolutely delicious! I cooked it twice. Once using the Pearl brand soy sauce and the second time using Knorr soy sauce. Both were good but my family preferred the one with the Knorr in it as it gave it just a bit more flavour.

    ReplyDelete